Ocean Otolaryngology Associates addresses the warning signs associated with laryngeal cancer. WALL TOWNSHIP/TOMS RIVER, NJ – The more you smoke, the greater your risk of laryngeal cancer – according to Dr. Bruce W. Peters of Ocean ENT. Tobacco use is the most important risk factor for head and neck cancers (including cancers of the larynx),... Read more »

Ocean Otolaryngology Associates breaks down allergic rhinitis and associated ailments. WALL TOWNSHIP/TOMS RIVER, NJ – Allergies can affect children and adults. If an individual has been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis, a physiological response to specific allergens such as pet dander or ragweed, the symptoms are simple – a runny nose (rhinitis), watery eyes and some... Read more »

Ocean Otolaryngology Associates addresses seasonal allergies and associated ailments. WALL TOWNSHIP/TOMS RIVER, NJ – Your eyes are itchy. Your nose is runny. You’re coughing nonstop. Let’s not even talk about sinus pressure! Seasonal allergies are at all-time highs. As temperatures get warmer, grass pollen starts to subside, but July and August mark the start of... Read more »

Ocean Otolaryngology Associates offers insight into common thyroid conditions and treatment options. WALL TOWNSHIP/TOMS RIVER, NJ – Diseases of the thyroid gland are very common, affecting millions of Americans. The most common ailments are hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid glands), hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid glands) and thyroid enlargements due to overactivity or from underactivity. If you happen to... Read more »

Sleep Apnea

A good night’s sleep is essential to your physical and mental health. For both children and adults, it is important to be well-rested in order for your body to function properly. Sleep apnea is a common sleep disorder that affects thousands of people every year. Sleep apnea occurs when breathing is disrupted during sleep. Snoring,... Read more »

Tonsil and adenoid surgery can be scary for kids (and even adults). Your ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist, or otolaryngologist, will listen to you and your family, and answer any questions you might have about the procedure and what treatment(s) is best for you. Tonsil and Adenoid Surgery for Children When discussing tonsil and/or... Read more »